All students are required to observe the Dojo (Training Hall) etiquette where the following rules apply
- Try not to be late for the class allowing sufficient time to change and pay fee. Late arrivals should enter the Dojo quietly and warm up. When ready to join the class, they must kneel at the back and side of the class where they can be seen by the Sensei and wait for the approval by the Sensei to join the class, when the approval is given the student should walk quickly and quietly to a convenient position.
- When entering or leaving the Dojo all Students must bow.
- When participating in the full etiquette (kneeling bow) students reply with "Onegai shimasu"
(Please train with me) at the start of the class. The reply at the end of training is "Arigato Gozaimashita" (Thank you very much for what you have done).
- Outdoor footwear must be removed prior to entering the Dojo and left outside or placed in a sports bag prior to entering the class.
- Keep finger and toe nails short and clean.
- Jewellery and watches should not be worn. Rings should be removed or taped.
- Never eat, or drink in the Dojo.
- Instructors should be addressed as Sensei.
- Junior grades should acknowledge respect to all Sensei’s and senior students.
- Gi (Karate Suits) should be kept clean and in a good state of repair, the appropriate colour belt must be worn at all times.
- Visitors to the Dojo should sit quietly in an area as directed by the Sensei.